After a long, hot Summer, Fall has finally arrived! I don’t know about you, but here at LivWell we’re ready for it. We just launched our new Full Melt edible line with the perfect Fall treat: caramels! To keep celebrating the season, we’ve put together a list of our favorite Fall hikes in Colorado. So grab some caramels, head to the mountains, and enjoy the foliage!
- Saint Mary’s Glacier, Idaho Springs, Colorado Located about an hour outside of Denver, this 2 mile loop is the perfect hike for a Fall afternoon. After about 800 ft of elevation gain, you’ll enjoy gorgeous lake and mountain views. With plenty of peaceful places to sit and absorb the scenery, you won’t regret this hike! Bonus! Furry friends are welcome as long as they stay leashed!
- Hummingbird and Songbird Loop Trail, Conifer, Colorado With only 482 feet of elevation gain, this 2.1 mile hike is great for all skill levels. Located in the gorgeous Jefferson County Open Space, Songbird trail runs about .5 miles up to Foxton Road. Once you cross the road, Hummingbird Trail runs about 1.3miles and is full of amazing views! As the leaves start changing, this is definitely the place to be!
- Bear Creek Trail at Lair o’ the Bear Park, Morrison, CO The beauty of Bear Creek Trail is that it can be as long or as short as you’d like. This 16 mile loop follows the winding Bear Creek, and provides plenty of pull offs to slow down and enjoy the day. A staple to Colorado residents young and old, this trail is well trafficked by hikers, bikers, and wanderers. Be sure to get here early to get a parking spot, pack a lunch, and stay awhile!
- Racoon Trail (Panorama Point), Golden Gate Canyon State Park, CORacoon Trail winds through fields of beautiful wild flowers and forests, culminating with the gorgeous Panorama Point view at the midway point. This loop only runs about 4 miles and has moderate elevation gains, making it one of the best day hikes to catch a view of the Colorado Rockies. With plenty of Fall foliage and Western facing scenery, the sunsets from Panorama Point are unmatched!
- Red Mountain Trail, Manitou Springs, CO Want to capture the beauty of Garden of the Gods without the crowds? This is the perfect hike for you! With a round trip of just about 2.5 miles, this trail winds along the mountain side providing beautiful views of Kissing Camels, Pikes Peak, and Cave of the Winds without the hassle. This hidden gem is tucked away and low trafficked, making it seem like the views are there just for you!
So there you have it, our favorite hikes to get away, connect with nature, and take in the Fall views. Don’t forget to stop in at your favorite LivWell on your way!